Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lonestar Steakhouse Salmon


This is a recipe I found in one of those Top Secret books and I absolutely love it. This is also my all time favorite salmon marinade. I use this anytime I am not in the mood to fix something new. The flavors of the marinade are simply fantastic and can jazz up even the yuckiest looking frozen salmon that you may have in your freezer. Don't lie, we all have it in there, the pieces you aren't sure what to do with but bought it anyway because it was on sale...yep. Cover them in this stuff and you will be wondering why you didn't buy more :)



Marinade:
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 TBSP. soy sauce
2 TBSP. brown sugar
1 tsp. kentucky bourbon
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
*chives for decoration

Marinade for as long as you feel like. I normally do it for at least an hour. Cook over medium/high heat on grill for about 5-7 minutes on each side. Sprikle with chives when serving.

**Randi's Side Notes**
I have never actually put the kentucky bourbon in this recipe and honestly it doesn't need it. I think it has loads of flavor without it.
~Oh yeah and as for the Salmon since I don't have loads of money I just go to the freezer sections of most grocery stores and buy those little 4 oz. packages for a dollar each. I would say this marinade can coat like 4-6 of those.
~ For gluten free, make sure you check the label on the soy sauce. Some brands do have gluten in them.
* To make this freezer friendly simply combine all ingredients, pour over salmon, store in freezer bag, and freeze. Unthaw before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...